The Yurt at Nicholsons is a brand new and uniquely designed café hidden away in the quiet sleepy village of North Aston.
Here are 5 things you should know to plan a trip to visit us:
- Location: The Yurt is only a short drive from both Banbury and Oxford. With such a central location, it is a perfect meeting place for any business or social gathering.
- Unique and Special Setting: The Yurt itself is one of a kind – it was designed specifically for Nicholsons, hand built in Devon and is the only one of its kind in the area. It’s unique design and open-plan setting gives you a great experience in a comfortable, generous, airy space with a relaxing atmosphere. Come and check out Rob’s playlist too…
- Drinks: The Yurt’s wide range of ethically-sourced coffees, teas and speciality Hot Chocolates is reason enough to come and pay us a visit. Our coffee comes from UE Coffee Roasters – an Oxfordshire-based organic coffee company who use a traditional oak-roasting process that is totally unique in the UK. Our teas come individually packed in loose-leaf form for a natural full flavour. Last but no means least ….our speciality hot chocolate, described by Victoria Prentice as the “best hot chocolate in the area”. You get the choice of two organic chocolates (bitter or sweet madam?) which is then hand beaten into a luscious, thick chocolatey mixture. Topped off with North Aston Dairy milk to give you a mug of chocolate heaven.
- Food Glorious Food: We have a delicious breakfast and lunch menu. Can we tempt you with a home-made potato Rosti served with pan-fried mushrooms and freshly prepared avocado with the finest poached egg perched on top? Or would you rather save yourself for one of our lunchtime plates of rare roast beef, baked red onions and potato salad with horseradish dressing? Our chef celebrates local fresh food…everything is prepared in the kitchen using herbs from our garden, finest salad leaves from North Aston Organics. The menu celebrates vegetarian food and we enjoy catering for all dietary requirements. Oh and I didn’t mention Penny’s cakes… sshhhhh!
- The Garden Centre and Rosara: As briefly mentioned before, the unique setting of the Yurt within the grounds of the Garden centre leaves you the opportunity to stroll through our stunning range of Trees, Plants, Topiary and hedges. Once the garden is designed and the borders full, you can turn your attention to the finishing touches; we invite you to browse our very own top of the range garden furniture by Rosara, Outdoor Style unique to Nicholsons