Follow the recipe below and share your creation on our Facebook or Instagram account to receive a free Coffee at The Yurt. All you have to do is tag us in your post and we will send you your unique voucher code. Happy baking!
Pear and Cinnamon Cake
After an incredible haul of Apples recently, we decided to extend our Apple Cake of the Month into October. All good things cannot last forever though, and we are following it up with a deliciously autumnal Pear and Cinnamon cake. Make sure to try this warm or cold, with a big old dollop of double cream, yum!
For the Cake:
- 300g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4x eggs
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 2x tsps baking powder
- 2x tsps cinnamon
- 6x pears
- 50g butter
- 2x tabs light soft brown sugar
- Peel, core and quarter the pears
- Melt the butter in a frying pan that is large enough to take all the pears
- When bubbling, add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add pears and cook gently, turning occasionally until softened
- Set aside to cool
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add flour, ground almonds, cinnamon and eggs and mix until well combined
- Scrape mixture into a 23cm cake tin
- Arrange the pears along with some of the buttery juices on top of the cake
- Bake for approximately 40-45mins at 160c
Can be eaten warm or cold and is delicious with a dollop of double cream!
Don’t forget, if you have a go at this delicious recipe and share it with us on social media, we will send you your unique voucher for a free coffee at the Yurt!